Side-Shifting, Floor-Rolling and Multi-Move Benches
Mobile Benches are commonly used in professional Horticulture. Powerplants offers three different mobile benches, the Side-Shifting benches, Floor-Rolling benches and the Multi-Move Benches. In the last 30 years, the basic principles of mobile benches have evolved to a well-tested and proven concept. The mobile benches are a perfect stepping stone in upgrading a nursery for multiple reasons.
Mobile benches allow a far greater percentage of your greenhouse to be used for production, rather than requiring valuable areas to be used for walkways.
Mobile benching systems can also be used with Ebb & Flood Bench tops as well as regular mesh top. The Ebb & Flood Benches provides fully automated irrigation for your crops, further improving the efficiency of your growing area.
The basic components of the mobile benches consist of:
- Mobile benches (Ebb & Flood and regular mesh top bottoms, welded, self-assembly)
- Watering equipment (water supply and discharge, static watering booms).
- Multi-Move Lateral Transport (MMLT) sections (with pneumatic lift).
- Support and rail pipe components.
The automation components are:
- Bench transport robots.
- Bench automation (push, pull and lifting equipment).
- Plant handling (robots, grading equipment).
- Overhead transport (stacker, crane).
- Cleaning/disinfecting equipment.
- Control and visualisation software (PLC or PC based).