The Powerplants Nutrimix MT series fertiliser dosing systems are designed and built by Powerplants to local standards and using locally available materials.
The Nutrimix MT series is designed around the mixing tank system principle and is available in a range of capacities and with a range of options.
- Multiple sensors to ensure high accuracy and reliable fertigation
- Australian made to meet Australian growing conditions
- Built with readily available local parts
- Available in a wide range of capacities to suit almost any application
- Easy to install
The crop environment has a significant effect on plant health and crop yield. However, water and nutrition have a more immediate and dramatic effect on the aspects of crop production.
Therefore the accurate delivery of water and nutrient are vital to ensure optimum yield and quality.
This will require a combination of a good control system with the most optimum settings and a dosing system to match. The controller measures the EC and pH then, based on what has been set by the grower, controls the dosing channels on the Nutrimix to achieve the desired EC and pH.
Because the Nutrimix has been designed to match the range of controllers available from Powerplants and to suit Australian conditions, this is an ideal dosing system for hydroponic production.
The Nutrimix MT series is also available in a wide range of capacities with several options to suit almost any application.
A popular option with growers is chemical injection. This option includes a chemical injector which is controlled by the controller and injects prior to the filter to ensure accurate dosing with minimum froth build-up.
Many regions of Australia can endure extreme climatic conditions compared to other parts of the world. During these challenging climatic conditions it is vital that the plants continue to receive the required level of irrigation and nutrition without interruption.
The Powerplants Nutrimix MT series has been specifically designed for these conditions. The unit has proven to be able to cope with the harshest of conditions with the highest level of reliability.
Furthermore, in the very unlikely event that a part of the system fails, the grower has the assurance that parts are readily available in Australia as the system is constructed using locally available materials.
Also, if an issue arises where the controller is no longer able to control the Nutrimix system automatically the system features a wide range of manual controls which allow the grower to easily continue operating the unit manually until automatic control is restored.
Other special features to minimise risk include:
- Outlet pressure regulation to ensure the pressure from the system never exceeds the maximum pressure allowed in the irrigation system.
- 3 pressure gauges showing the fill pressure, discharge pressure and post filter pressure. The operator can see at a glance whether the system is operating correctly and when the filter needs cleaning.
- Fill pump bypass which allows the grower to irrigate using the fill pump in the unlikely event the irrigation pump fails.
- High quality serviceable venturi injectors are used in the dosing channels. Venturis fail shut in case of an irrigation pump failure which protects the system from fertiliser and/or acid/alkali overdose.
- Flow indicators and diaphragm adjustment valves on each dosing channel accurately control injection flow rate. This ensures the fertiliser injection rate can be accurately controlled.
- Auto stock tank balancing option ensures each dosing channel delivers fertiliser equally. This ensures the fertiliser balance remains optimum.
- Dual EC and pH sensors – the second sensor allows the control system to check one sensor against the other, thereby preventing the possibility of crop damage due to poorly calibrated sensors.
The standard Nutrimix is delivered complete with:
- High grade rust resistant frame.
- Stainless steel fill pump matched in capacity to the stainless steel irrigation pump.
- Fill rate control valve.
- Mixing tank with high and low level sensors and float controlled inlet valve.
- Stainless steel irrigation pump designed to provide both the required flow rate for irrigation and drive the dosing channels.
- Dosing injectors with flow indicators, diaphragm adjustment valves and quick action dosing valves.
- Stock tank suction lines, filters and isolation valves are supplied with each system.
- Dual high quality EC and pH sensors in a sensor loop.
- EC and pH interfaces to specifically suit a range of controllers available from Powerplants.
- Easy to clean filter.
- Water meter.
- Manual override control.
Options for the Nutrimix MT series include:
- Blend valve with actuator and pre-EC sensor for blending fresh and recycled drain water.
- Multiple dosing channels.
- Built in controller.
- Irrigation valves mounted on the unit.
- Auto stock tank balancing.
- Tank selection valves for multiple recipes.
Also available from Powerplants:
- Stock Solution Tanks with conical, cleanable bases and flush valves.
- Acid/alkali tanks with graduated markings.
- Electric Stirrers with stainless steel shaft and polypropylene diffuser
- Stirrer Timer Boxes with easy-to-set timers automatically cycle stirrer motors. This saves power while ensuring the fertilizer stock is always evenly mixed.